Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Poksay Dental Family:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health as we look forward to welcoming you back! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
As a large part of that commitment, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office always has and continues to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may notice some changes when you visit for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask for some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have a hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (415)883-0588 or visit our website at novatodentist.com.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust, confidence, and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. Please keep an eye out for future emails which will include additional information on what we are doing to keep you and our team safe and healthy.
Dr. Thomas Poksay and Team
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Protecting Yourself and Your Family: https://vimeo.com/399733860
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html